Applicants who want to become a member of the Social Security System (SSS) needs to submit certain documents and requirements to any SSS local branch near you.
Requirements For Prospective Employees
- Fully accomplished SSS Form (Personal Record)
- Baptismal (Original and Photocopy)
- Birth Certificate (Original and Photocopy)
- Driver’s License (Original and Photocopy)
- Passport (Original and Photocopy)
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Card (Original and Photocopy)
In case of absence of any of these documents, you can comply with a recent photo and your date of birth.
For surviving spouses and guardians ages 60 and above can secure an SSS number for the Annual Confirmation of Pensioners (ACOP) program, can submit the secondary documents.
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- ATM card with the cardholder’s name
- ax Identification Card/Affidavit
- Transcript of School Records
- Voter’s Identification Card
- ATM card and certification from the issuing bank that the account number belongs to the cardholder if the card does not bear the cardholder’s name.
- Bank Account Passbook
- Birth/Baptismal Certificate of children
- Postal ID Card
- School ID
- Senior Citizen Card
- Tax Identification Card/Affidavit
- Transcript of School Records
- Certificate form:
- -Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities
- -Office of Muslim Affairs
- Certificate of Naturalization issued by the Bureau of Immigration
- Company ID
- Company Representative Authorization Card issued by SSS
- Credit Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Card
- Pag-Ibig Member’s Data Form
- Permit to Carry Firearms issued by the Firearms & Explosives Unit of the Philippine National Police (PNP)
- PHIC Member’s Data Record
- Police Clearance
- Fishermen’s Card issued by Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources (BFAR)
- GSIS Card
- GSIS Certificate of Membership
- Health or Medical Card
- ID Card issued by Local Government Units (e.g. Barangay/ Municipality/City)
- ID Card issued by professional associations recognized by PRC
- Life Insurance Policy
- Marriage Contract
- NBI Clearance
For Single Proprietorships
- Owns a single proprietorship business must obtain Form R-1 and R-1A (Employer Registration and Employer Report, respectively)
- Owns a partnership firm must obtain Forms R-1 and R-1A as well as the Articles of Partnership. The Articles of the partnership must be of the original copy and be submitted to SSS for authentication.
- Owns a corporation needs to submit SSS Form R-1 and R-1A which are signed by the President of the corporation. They also need to submit a photocopy of Articles of Incorporation which will be presented for authentication at the SSS office.
For Household-Helper Employers
- A household employer who has an existing SS number can be used in any other transaction regarding the household helper.
For Self-Employed Members
- Must obtain an SSS Form RS-1 and photocopy of any of these; birth certificate, a baptismal, passport, driver’s license, seaman’s book, or Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card.