The OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (OFWDSP) is an educational assistance given to OFW Dependents who are aiming to pursue a degree in college at state universities or universities in the country.
The OFWDSP covers financial assistance worth P20,000 every year and only given to dependents of OFW with a monthly salary that’s not more than US$400.00.
There are 1,250 scholarship offered to qualified applicants every year:
- 200 scholarships are offered to 10 poorest provinces
- 204 scholarship is offered to 17 cities, 12 scholars each city
- 840 scholars to 80 provinces, 12 scholars each province
- 6 slots for applicants with extreme cases.
- Legal dependents of an active OWWA member-OFW whose monthly salary is US$400 or below
- Scholarship only given to the 1 child of the OFW member
- Legal dependent must be single and 21 years and below.
- Must be high school graduate; physically, morally and mentally fit
- Must pass the entrance examination given by the university or state colleges where they wish to attend
- The dependent must not have any existing scholarship from other grants
- OFW couple is entitled to only one scholarship slot. Those OFW dependent who already availed the EDSP and CMWSP are no longer qualified to avail this scholarship.
Overseas Workers Welfare Offices around the Philippines
San Fernando, La Union
San Fernando, Pampanga
Cagayan de Oro City